Thursday, December 9, 2010

Websites

I just want to say that I have gained a ton of respect for those people out there who build websites professionally. I believe that I have taken those people for granted. The contribution that they make is tremendous. Without the work that they do, the cyber age would not be the same.

The work that these people put in is unbelievable. Building a simple website was a boatload of work. Hours of planning, formatting, laying everything out, building, and uploading. For just a simple website it was difficult. For websites like Google, Yahoo, or Facebook, I can't even fathom how much work those engineers put in.

Website building is an art. It is something one has to be very patient with and very willing to take time to learn. One must be technologically minded in the extreme. Not just with putting pictures on a screen, but with using code. That's not even something I can do!!!

So my heart goes out to those individuals who know what their doing. Keep building the internet. You're doing a good job.

3 comments:

  1. I agree! Working on the website was quite an educational experience and certainly piqued my interest in web design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree too! I think eng. 336 provides a great oppurtunity to experience first hand how difficult it can be to construct a usable website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also agree! It's amazing how much work goes into building a website. Dreamweaver was extremely difficult for me to catch onto - I had to live and breathe it in order to catch onto some of the most basic of tasks. I have a lot of respect for those who do it on a professional level!

    ReplyDelete