Sunday, September 12, 2010

My First Blog

This is my first time blogging, so you'll have to excuse anything that you might not be see, as quality blogging. But I guess this is an opening to the blogging world. Right now I could be like a child learning to use a bike and just having the training wheels taken off. I'll probably fall off a couple times. I might wreck into the bushes. But it will be pretty comedic. And I expect to hear about how spectacular of a crash it is. 

But this is how it all works out. Everything on the internet starts from a person being shaky, trying to find a starting point. And as I started writing, I wanted to get a short intro. I browsed around for what to do in these posts and I found a resounding, "Do what you want."

In the article "Writing for the Web Versus Writing for Print: Are They Really SO Different," by Judy Gregory, she discusses how people like to browse. A reader on the web wants to quickly "pull" the information they want. And thats what I did when I started this. I browsed. I pulled the information I wanted and disregard the information I wanted. Whether it was videos, pictures, or articles, I went with whatever would give me the information the quickest. So expect me to keep improving and honing in on what I need to do here. So watch out for the bushes and keep posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment